Bristol Air Conditioning Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and we respect that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://bristolaircon.com/ (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
This policy explains how your personal information will be treated, please read it carefully. By continuing to use our site you are agreeing to the terms detailed in this policy.
1. Information About Us and Contact Details
- Our Site is owned and operated by Bristol Air Conditioning Limited, a limited company registered in England under company registration number 13754901, whose registered address and main trading address is Unit 2 the Gatehouse Centre, Bristol, BS13 9JN.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Richard Martin, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0117 964 0078.
2. What Does This Policy Cover?
3. What are Your Rights?
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 10);
- The right to rectification of any personal data We hold about you if inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 1);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 1 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
4. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
- business/company name
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as, preferences and interests;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
- services of interest;
- Device screen resolution;
- Geographic location (country only).
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Providing our services to you through third-party suppliers;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of our subscribed to email communications, or contacting the Data Protection Officer whose details are provided in section 1;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your personal data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or post with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
6. How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Personal Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- For the period we provide services to you unless required for other legal obligations;
- For the period we are dealing with your enquiry unless you consent for us to maintain your personal data for future purposes;
- For the period analytics is tracked on our site.
7. How and Where Do We Store Your Personal Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Your personal data will only be stored in the UK.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your personal data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure personal data collected through Our Site.
- Steps We take to secure and protect your personal data include:
- Personal Data is stored on a secured system which can only be accessed by our team (please see definition of team at the end of this policy);
- Any passwords required to access secure systems are stored on a secure password manager.
- Data collected by Analytics is stored directly on analytics and anonymised. Analytics passwords are stored securely and only available to relevant members of our team.
8. Do We Share Your Personal Data?
- We may share your personal data with other companies in Our group for the purposes of responding to emails, handling enquiries, and delivery of services.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data. Where any of your personal data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority;
- We will not share or sell your personal data with anyone other than the in circumstances detailed in points above.
9. How Can You Control Your Personal Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 3, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. Please get in touch with us to find out more about restricting our use of your data.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receive.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all, with the exception of Analytics. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the Data Protection Act 1998, or Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge within 30 days. Please contact Us using the details in section 1.
14. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Team”||Anyone who is employed by Bristol Air Conditioning Limited on a full-time, part-time, and contractual basis.|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 OR EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Bristol Air Conditioning Limited|